2019 Organisational Structure
Hello and welcome to Eatons Hill State School.
I thought this would be a good opportunity to let you know who the P&C is here at Eatons Hill State School:
- We are parents, grandparents, caregivers, and community minded people. We are always keen to see new members – it’s not scary, does not demand any commitment and is the best way to keep informed. Just fill out the enclosed form.
- We aim to promote the best interests of the school.
- We manage one of the largest P&C Operations in Queensland covering:
- Outside Hours School Care with 255 places
- Healthy Tuckshop
- Uniform Shop
- Facility Hire and Community Events
- We commit to returning all profits (around $400k p.a.) to the school community. In the past few years, we have funded
- The oval transformation
- New prep playground
- Rainforest mural
- Outdoor learning area (Sandstone Place)
- Senior adventure playground
- Tuckshop renovation
- STEAM room
- Hall air conditioning
- Covered walkways
- And much, much more!
Eatons Hill SS is a big school, and the P&C operations are large. Just this year, our volunteers have already organised four events, with another planned later this month:
- In March, we held our postponed Movie Night where hundreds of families enjoyed an obstacle course, face painting and of course a screening of Peter Rabbit 2.
- In May, our students enjoyed the opportunity to buy a small gift for Mum at our annual Mother’s Day Stall.
- In August, we were excited to welcome back our Carnival, which has been in lockdown since 2019.
- In September, the EHSS children were given the opportunity to buy a small gift at our annual Father’s Day Stall.
- On the 29th of October we will be hosting a Halloween Dance for the students, with younger students in the afternoon and older students in the evening.
As you can see, we are a very active community-based P&C with lots of opportunity to get involved. We invite you to attend our P&C meetings and get involved in the community events we hold.
All the best,
Nicholas Whitlock (President)